Thursday, August 21, 2008

Red Lobster Cheese Garlic Biscuits

This one is for you dad!


Okay, so when I go to Red Lobster I swear I get full on these before my meal even comes out. I have an aunt who can go home and mock up a recipe in a couple of days, so here is her recipe:



2 c. buttermilk baking mix

1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

1/2 t. garlic powder

2/3 cup milk

1/4 c. melted butter

Combine baking mix, milk, and cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon till a soft dough forms (adding more milk if needed). Beat vigorously for 30 seconds. Drop dough by heaping Tbsp. full onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 450 for 8-10 minutes. Combine butter and garlic powder (if you want you can add parsley here too, to make it pretty). Brush over warm buscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Makes 10-12 biscuits.


**CHEATING** and for those of you who don't want to slave away in the kitchen, I found one of those packages (you know the betty crocker/Bisquick things that come in a package and all you have to do is add an egg and water to get brownies or cookies)..anywho..they make one that is called cheese-garlic bisquits. Ummm...so, try that one too!!



No comments: