Monday, August 18, 2008

Mom's Lasagna

My mom came into town this weekend and so I made one of our family favorites and took it up to her and my grandpa to munch on. When I used to work at Bear River Head Start I would take leftovers for lunch the next day and I always had to bring an extra piece for my friend Kelli. It's the BEST!

9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean beef
Tomato Sauce
Tomato Paste
Garlic Salt
Italian Seasoning
Mozzerella
Cheddar
4 cheese Italian blend (parmesan, Romano, etc.) I just buy the wal-mart brand
olives

Cook your lasagna noodles as directed on package. Meanwhile, cook up your beef. Mix together 1 can of Tomatoa Sauce (just a small size) and 1 can Tomato Paste (small size)-mix them together so the paste is nice and smooth. Add this to your beef. Add quite a bit of Garlic Salt and Italian Seasoning. Let it come to boil and then simmer 5-10 minutes
Layer 1:3 noodles, meat mixture, mozerrella, cheddar and 4 cheese blend
Layer 2: same as Layer 1
Last Layer: Same as Layer 1 and 2, but top with sliced up olives (use a whole can) the salt in the olives makes this recipe Yum-O.

Bake 350 for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the center is hot.

No comments: