Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ham Chowder

The Relief Society called me last minute and asked me if I could take a meal into a family, thank goodness I already had this on the menu for the day, because this recipe serves a lot of people. I made my homemade rolls, from last weeks recipe, to go along with this soup...yum!

4 large potatoes
1/2 cup green onion
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. paprika
2 cups milk
2 cups diced cooked ham
2 Tbsp. margarine
2 cups water
1/8 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. flour
1 15oz can whole kernal corn

Saute onion in butter. Set aside. Dice potatoes, add to the 2 cups of water and add all the seasonings and sauted onions. Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender. Make a paste of the flour and 1/2 cup of water. Add to potatoes. Add milk, cook until slightly thick. Stir in undrained corn and ham. Heat through.

No comments: