Thursday, January 13, 2011

Loaded Cream Cheese Quesadillas

My kids love quesadillas, and I always wished they were just a little more filling so I could make them for a quick supper....so, I invented this recipe this week, and we LOVED these. They ended up being so filling that I couldn't even finish a whole one by myself. That's not like me!!!!

-2 chicken breasts (boiled and ran through chop mode on food processor) or you can use canned chicken
-1 8oz. cream cheese (fat free or 1/3 less fat) at room temp.
-1/2 cup of homemade Ranch (I use fat free mayo to make my ranch)....you can use store bought ranch but it's not as good.
-2 green onions, chopped
-cheddar cheese and montery jack, shredded and mixed together
-dash of salt
-dash of fresh ground pepper
-flour tortillas
-cooking spray

-Blend together cream cheese, ranch, salt, pepper. Mix in onions and shredded chicken, and stir well. On a tortilla spoon chicken spread to cover entire tortilla (don't spread it on thick, just coat a thin layer on tortilla)....top with the cheese, cover with another tortilla. Spray a hot griddle with cooking spray and cook until both sides are light brown and lightly crisp and cheese is gooey.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jennie Kunz said...

I can't wait to try this one!!