Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Relief Sociey Potatoes

Every year for my Birthday, my mom would make my favorite dinner. That included ham, Relief Society Potatoes, corn, hot rolls, olives, and Better than Sex Cake. Since my parents moved, I decided last week that I would make my own. It wasn't as good as my mom's, it never is. But, it was still a hit! I know there are lots of recipes out there for Relief Society Potatoes, but I will claim this is the BEST one!



2 Lb. bag frozen CUBED hash browns

1 cup margarine or butter, melted

1/2 cup chopped green onions (I love green onions, so I add a little more than that)

1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1/4 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. salt

2 cans cream of chicken soup

1 pint sour cream

corn flakes, crushed up (lots and lots)


Set out your hashbrowns to defrost.

Add soup, melted butter, sour cream, onions, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into greased 13x9 pan. Crush cornflakes and sprinkle on top. Bake 40-60 min's on 350 degrees. If your potatoes are still a little frozen, it's more like 90 min's for baking.


Note: To make a lighter casserole, use only 1 cube of butter, fat free sour cream and 98% fat free cream of chicken soup. But for Birthday parties and special holidays....use the real stuff and enjoy!


No comments: