Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chilli Verde Mini Meatloaf

I wish I would have taken a picture of this last night when I made it. I am not a huge fan of meatloaf, especially when the top part is smothered in Ketchup. It just looks disgusting, but when I bought my mini loaf pans from The Pampered Chef, this recipe card came with it, and I LOVE this recipe. My husband says that this is one of his favorite meals, and who usually says that about meatloaf??

This is the chilli sauce I use in this recipe.

1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 pounds lean ground turkey (93-98% fat free)
2 eggs
1 cup chilli sauce, divided
3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Finely chop bell pepper and onion. Combine bell pepper, onion, garlic, raw turkey, eggs, 1/2 cup of chilli sauce, bread crumbs, and black pepper. (I use my hands until it's all mixed and stuck together).

I use my Pampered Chef Mini loaf pans, so this makes 4 mini loaves. I have never done it any other way, but I am sure you can use regular loaf pans, and try to get 2 loaves out of this recipe.

For each loaf (if making 4 mini's) shape about 1 1/2 cups meat mixture into loaf. Bake 30 minutes. Spread remaining chilli sauce on tops of loaves. Bake an additional 20-30 minutes. (Note: I like my meatloaf a little burnt around the edges to crisp it up, so I cook the second half for 35 minutes). Bake until meat is no longer pink or internal temp. reaches 180 degrees.

Remove from pan and let stand 10 minutes to cool. Serve with your favorite side dishes.

No comments: