Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Better Than Sex Cake

This goes with my previous post. I always have to have this for my BIRTHDAY, it's better than any store boughten birthday cake out there, and hello...the name says it all. There are a dozen different recipes for this cake, but once again I will claim....this one is the BEST!! And, I have to tell you a little story to go along with this. I made this cake for Chris's family one time. Ever since then, Chris's Grandma who is in her 80's always secretly says "Will you ask Melissa to bring that better than sex cake?" This cake really will make you smile, no matter what your age :O)



1 box chocolate cake mix
1 jar Mrs. Richardson's Butterscotch Caramel Ice Cream Topping
1 16 oz. tub Cool Whip
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6-7 Skor Candy Bards, cut up

Mix and bake cake as directed on pkg. Bake on a greased large cookie sheet instead of a 9x13 pan. Check cake after 15-18 min's. Insert toothpick, if it comes out clean, it's done. Cool COMPLETELY. With the end of a wooden spoon poke holes all over the cake. In a bowl mix sweetened condensed milk and ice cream topping. Blend well and pour over cake. Top with Cool Whip. Sprinkle Skor Bars over Cool Whip. (Note: I like to cut some of my Skor Bars up chunkier than others, that way there is a variety of sizes of toffee on the cake). Refrigerate. It's best if Refrigerated overnight, that way the caramel has time to seep through the cake and make it really gooey.

1 comment:

Ashley Mae McKnight said...

Ah, our favorite cake :) YUMM