Friday, August 13, 2010

Zuchinni Chocolate Chip Bread

I LOVE trying new bread recipes. My neighbors brought me some huge Zuchinni's from their garden the other night, and the only thing I like to do with Zuchinni is make bread!! I grate it up and freeze them in ziplock's and then I can get quite a few batches of bread throughout the year. This recipe is so yummy because it has orange zest in it, and gives it an awesome flavor!!


Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon orange zest


Directions
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Grease (2) 9 by 5-inch loaf pans.

Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda.

In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, and continue beating until well blended. Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, pecans, chocolate chips, and orange zest. Stir in sifted ingredients. Pour into prepared loaf pans.

Note: I didn't mix the pecans in with the bread, I did a nutless loaf for my kids and then I just sprinkled some pecans on top of the adult loaf.

Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove loaves from pans and cool.

Recipe taken from Food Network-Paula Deen

No comments: