Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cinnamon Banana Bread

I apologize if you want something besides bread recipes, but I have been on a bread kick lately. I don't know if it's because Fall is quickly approaching, and the smell of cinnamon and nutmeg cooking in my kitchen gets me real giddy for the fall. I don't know, either way, here's another recipe for ya!

By the way, this recipe called for 2 cubes of butter, yes, 2 cubes. But, I couldn't bring myself to cook with that much fat. So I used 1 cube of butter and 1/2 a cup of applesauce, and this cake was soooo moist! You are going to love it!


1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 cup of butter (1 cube)

1/2 cup of applesauce (next time I am going to by the cinnamon applesauce to give it even more spice.)

2 ripe bananas

1/2 cup chopped nuts (I didn't add this, but it would be yum!)

2 eggs

1 3/4 cup flour (next time I am going to try half of it using whole wheat flour)

2 Tbsp. cinnamon

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

Cream sugars and butter. Add bananas and egg, mix well. Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Pour into 2 greased loaf pans. Bake 350 for 30-35 minutes, or when toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Cool in pan.

PS-when I dumped my batter into the pans, it looked like it wasn't going to be enough batter, don't worry, it bakes fine, it's not a HUGE fluffy bread, but it will rise a little.

EXTRA options:

-Next time I bake this, I am going to try combining some cinnamon, sugar and br. sugar and lightly sprinkling it on top of the bread, and then baking it, to kind of give it a coffee cake crunch

OR

frosting the bread with a cream cheese drizze.......either sounds like heaven

ENJOY!!

No comments: