Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sausage Soup

At YW Girls camp this year we made these really cute recipe books and then we did a recipe exchange. Being the total nerd that I am, I wrote down all the ingredients for this recipe and no insructions. I went to make it on Friday and turned the card over to discover no directions, so I just kind of went for it, and it turned out yummy.

4 slices of bacon (I bought the thick bacon from the meat dept. it makes the biggest difference)
1 Lb. Italian sausage
1 Lg. onion, chopped
1 Lg. Potato, baked
1 cup water
2 cartons half and half (I think each one is 1 Pint?) They are just the small size ones.
2 cans cream corn
1 4oz. can green chillies
2 oz. pimentos (You can find these in the pickle section)

Cook bacon, drain and set aside.
Bake Potato and set aside.

In large pan cook the sausage with the onions. I added a little salt and pepper. Drain fat.
Add water and half and half to the sausage. Add creamed corn (don't drain), green chillies, and pimentos. Bring to a low boil and immediately reduce to low/med and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Stir frequently.
While the soup is simmering, cut baked potato into large cubes and break the bacon into bits.
The last 10 minutes add potatoes and bacon. I added a little more salt and pepper.

No comments: