Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cream Cheese Frosted Pumpkin Squares

I made these for dessert tonight, and these are sooo yummy! The recipe called for 1/4 cup of cream cheese, and I thought if 1/4 cup is good, an entire package of cream cheese has got to be better....I was right! This is a super moist cake. I want to try to make it again but add chocolate chips and cook it in mini loaf pans, if it works I will add the recipe to my blog!



1 cup sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


Cream cheese frosting:
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 pkg. cream cheese (I used the Neufchatel 1/3 less fat and it was great)
2 Tbsp. melted butter or margarine
1/2 tsp vanilla or vanilla extract (I use pure vanilla and I think it makes everything taste better).

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8" square pan.
To prepare cake, put sugar and eggs in bowl and beat on med. speed for 2 minutes. Beat in pumpkin and oil. At low speed add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt-beat 1 minute.

Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes. (Note: Use a toothpick to check the center, I had to cook my cake a couple minutes extra to get the center completely cooked.)

Prepare frosting and frost once cake is completely cooled.

No comments: