Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hamburger Soup

Any time Chris hears that we are having soup for dinner, he kind of sighs, because he knows he will be eating again 2 hours after dinner. The only soup that he claims makes him feel full is Chilli. Well, I tried out this recipe, and I got 2 thumbs up from the hubby. It was a hearty and really yummy soup.

1 Lb. ground beef
2 tsp. salt
1 cup chopped onion
2 cup water
1 cup sliced carrots
1 15 oz. can undrained pinto beans
2 cup tomato juice
1/2 cup raw macaroni (I used 3/4-1 cup, because I love pasta. I suggest Penne or Cork Screw) they hold up to hearty soups. I even bought whole wheat, and it was really yummy).
1 beef buillion cube
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup diced potatoes
1 cup sliced celery

Brown meat in large pot. Drain. Add onion, salt, tomato juice, beef buillion, water, and pepper. Cook 1/2 hour. Add carrots, macaroni, potatoes and celery. Cook and cover 15 minutes or until veggies are tender. Add pinto beans. Cook 5 more minutes. Serves 4-6.

I served this with Hot Rhodes Rolls, and it was yummy!

No comments: