Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Baked Potato Soup

Last week we had a play date at my friend Cassie's house. She made an awesome Baked Potato Soup and put it in bread bowls (which you can buy at Wal-Mart in the bakery). I begged her for this recipe because it's starting to get real chilly outside, this is the perfect recipe for a cold night! Enjoy!



2/3 cup margarine or butter (which ever you prefer)
2/3 cup flour
7 cups milk
4-6 baked potatos (depending on how chunky you want your soup, I used 6 and thought it was perfect)-baked, cooled, peeled and cut up in cubes
4-6 green onions (I LOOVE green onions so I went for 6 and it was delic!)
1 package bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
1 1/4 -2 cups shredded cheese (Again, I went for 2 cups, it made it really creamy)
1 cup sour cream
Salt and Pepper
Parsley

I cooked my baked potatos the night before, it made the soup quick and easy to make the next day.

Melt butter/margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour and stir until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until thickened. Add potatoes and onions. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley and serve in bread bowls.

1 comment:

Stacey Irwin said...

ooh this one looks yummy, I am going to try this one next!
I so love that you have a cooking blog!