Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pumpkin Roll



This is one of my favorite fall recipes. It makes the house smell sooo yummy!
Note: If the pumpkin roll is too much work, you can leave the cake in the cake pan and add the frosting to the top and eat it just like that.

3 eggs-put in a blender and blend 5 minutes

In a seperate bowl put 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. pumpkin spice or 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1 tsp. ginger and mix together.

2/3 cup canned pumpkin, 1 tsp.lemon juice. Mix together and add to egg mixture. Spray a cookie sheet and the sides really really good with PAM no stick spray. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Turn onto a dish towel sprinkled with powdered sugar and roll up-being very careful as you roll. Cool.

Frosting:
1 oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. margarine
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix together, unroll the cake and spread over pumpkin roll.

Roll bakc up, cover with tin foil and I put in fridge until ready to eat.

1 comment:

Stacey Irwin said...

Paul just informed me that I must try to make this pumpkin roll! Maybe I shouldn't peruse people cooking blog when he is by me!
I'll let you if it works. since I have never dared a pumpkin roll before!
wish me luck!