Saturday, May 17, 2008

Black and White Strawberries

I had a sick baby this week, so i didn't have a lot of time to try new recipes. I did make my Chicken Pesto Salad Sandwiches, so if you haven't tried that one, it's a must. It's under my cooking light recipes. But, I can always find time for some good chocolate. I tried this recipe out of a weight watcher's cookbook. How can this be bad??? Strawberries and chocolate, yum! And yes, this will be listed under my cooking light recipes. Also, I eliminated the raspberry liquer and I think next time I am going to try milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet. I am kind of a sucker for milk chocolate. I made these for our playdate, so I also used the chocolate to dip Animal Cookies. I just dipped the bottoms of the animals feet.They turned out really cute.Enjoy!

Makes 4 servings
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
1½ teaspoons raspberry liqueur (framboise)
1½ teaspoons water8 large strawberries, with stems
½ ounce white chocolate, chopped, or 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
1. Line a large baking sheet with wax paper. In a small microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate chips, liqueur, and water; microwave on High, stirring twice, until melted and smooth, about 1½ minutes. Holding a berry by the hull, dip the berry halfway into the chocolate; set on the wax paper. Repeat with the remaining berries and chocolate.
2. In another small microwavable bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on High, stirring once, until melted and smooth, about 1 minute. Dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle over the strawberries. Refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. Serve chilled.

Per serving (2 dipped strawberries): 97 Cal, 4 g Fat, 2 g Sat Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 0 mg Chol, 4 mg Sod, 15 g Carb, 2 g Fib, 1 g Prot, 21 mg Calc.
POINTS value: 2
Tip:Try this with other fruits, too: Grapes, orange sections, apple or pear wedges, or banana chunks (soak the apples, pears, or bananas for a minute or two in a mixture of lemon juice and water to prevent browning). It’s also delicious with fat-free pretzels.
from Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. Copyright © 2005 by Weight Watchers Staff.

No comments: