Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lemon Cheesecake

I made this for our 4th of July BBQ...I love lemonade on a hot summer day, so when I came across this recipe for lemon cheesecake, I wanted to try it. It was sooooo yummy, you have to try it! I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and it was still rich and yummy!

2 cups crushed Graham cracker crumbs
1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
6 Tbsp. melted butter
4 pkg. (8oz. each) Cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
1 cup Sour Cream (I used light)
Zest and juice from 1 lemon
4 eggs

Heat oven to 325.
Mix crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar and butter. Reserve 1/4 cup crumb mixture. press remaining onto bottom of 13x9 pan.

Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add sour cream, zest and juice; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low after each just until blended. Pour over crust; top with reserved crumb mixture.

Bake 40 mins or until center is almost set. Cool completely and then refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.

**NOTE: because it takes awhile to cool, and you want the cheesecake to be chilled in the fridge, this is a great "make the night before" recipe.

Recipe from: Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese

1 comment:

Jennie Kunz said...

I've been craving something lemony! Perfect! Thanks!!