Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lemon and Feta Stuffed Chicken

I found this recipe in my Better Homes and Garden Magazine. And, I gave it a try this week, and we loved this recipe. I did change one thing, instead of reserving some of the feta to put on top after cooking the chicken, I used all of the feta and lemon peel, and stuffed the chicken breasts extra full (I probably used a little more feta than it called for, but I LOVE feta). I can't wait to try this recipe on the GRILL....yum!

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
1 Tbsp. olive oil

Directions
1. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each chicken breast by cutting horizontally through the thickest portion to, but not through, the opposite side. In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup of the feta cheese and the lemon peel. Spoon cheese mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

2. In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. Sprinkle with remaining feta cheese. Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts
Calories 236, Total Fat(g)9, Saturated Fat(g)4, Monounsaturated Fat (g)4, Polyunsaturated Fat (g)1, Cholesterol (mg)99, Sodium (mg)447, Carbohydrate (g)1, Total Sugar (g)1, Protein (g)35, Vitamin C (DV%)4, Calcium (DV%)36

Recipe taken from Better Homes and Garden Magazine

1 comment:

Bridget said...

You are AMAZING!! I am seriously so impressed, you're blog is awesome!! I might need your help making mine look this good! I am dying to try those homemade corn tortillias....yum.